festo

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all,
i like the look of the american flagfish,
what would be suitable tankmates,as i also like variouse rainbowfish,
the tank will be 160-200 ltr.
thanks

American Flagfish are technically sub-tropical so prefer water cooler than most tropical fish. Therefore you need to think carefully of the optimum temp. for ALL the fish you put in there.

Other sub-tropicals are the Danio species and White Cloud Mountain Minnows.

American Flagfish are technically sub-tropical so prefer water cooler than most tropical fish. Therefore you need to think carefully of the optimum temp. for ALL the fish you put in there.

Gold Barbs are also subtropical, though I'm not sure if they're subtropical to the same extent off the top of my head.

You may be glad to hear that although Flagfish are subtropical, they do appreciate being on the higher end of their temp. range. Just make sure that the other fish you get overlap well with that range.

Here is a useful link from nmonks brackish FAQ about Flagfish, it should have useful info for freshwater keeping as well.

ok thanks,dont think they are suitable for me then.

Most reactions

Back