Amazon : Rivers of Life

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
watched a really cool show on PBS called Rivers of Life, The Amazon. It had total of about ten minutes of underwater photography showing Serpae tetras, head and tailights, and rummynoses. But best of all was a spawning sequence of some cichlids I've never seen that look like a cross between a Firemouth and a Ram. Showed the egg laying, the fry with yolk sacs, the fry free swimming, and the male doing battle with a freshwater Stingray to save the brood. You just don't see this kind of thing that often and this was majorly cool.

That so cool to see theses fish wild!!

That is so cool! :)

I would love one day to have a huge tank, and make it aster the Amazon River, wouldn’t you! :D

I saw that episode too, and I agree it was well done and very interesting. I cannot remember the name of the cichlid, but do remember it is a new discovery previously unknown. This was a BBC nature series, they are extremely good.

I have been watching River Monsters with Jeremy Wade. There are a number of episodes from South America where he catches big fish (tank busters). It's interesting to see huge redtail catfish, stingrays, Arowana and other species we don't see in aquariums, not that any of them are suitable for aquariums, but it's still cool to see them.

There's a few good videos on YouTube about the Amazon. There is one with a group of German aquarists catching Altum angelfish and a different video with a group of people catching wild green discus.

There's a few other videos of people trying to catch fish by jumping about in the water with a scoop net. They aren't that good and the people trying to catch fish would be better off on tv shows like "morons drowning", and "stupid people doing stupid things".

Yes!!!!

I love river monsters!!!

He is sooooooo awesome! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back