Amazing deal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
So for those who appreciate Betta macrostoma, you'll know that $200 is an astounding deal for a pair. :hyper: And the reserve is met at that much?! :drool: Anyone who doesn't know - these fish can go for $500+ per fish! So if anyone feels like buying themselves any early Christmas present... or convincing a significant other *cough Sorrel cough*, I just had to make sure this was seen. I just wish I had the money. :blink:

Auction

Yeah, they're extremely rare - as far as I know, one of the most rare bettas out there. :thumbs: And they're gorgeous. :wub:

I saw those for sale from a Thai dealer online. They really are expensive. A bit too rich for my blood, but that is a nice deal. I suspect it won't be a $200 for long.

Not really into wild bettas but I attended a wild betta talk organised by my Betta Club recently. According to the speaker (Dr H.H. Tan of the National University of Singapore), the number of wild Betta macrostoma (a.k.a. Peacock Betta) of Brunei's Mendalam Falls is dwindling.

According to Dr Tan, the Mendalam Falls area was littered with plastic bottle traps during his last field trip there; and he managed to find young juveniles but no adults in the sandstone heath forest.

I sure hope this beautiful fish doesn't become extinct.

it must just be me but i think that thing is not good looking enough to be worth 20$ but of course i won't pay more than 15$ max for a fish so i guess my opinion doesnt count.

Well I think the issue of beauty is subjective so each of us would be willing to pay different prices for a fish.

I guess its high price is becuase it appears to be rather rare.

Hey Julie,

Heres Some Pix of them - This Guy Took these Shots in an LFS in Singapore

_Y1W4201ER.jpg

_Y1W4202ER.jpg

_Y1W4192ER.jpg

_Y1W4195ER.jpg

_Y1W4206ER.jpg

THAT one defianately looks much better to but still not worth 200$ IMO

Fishy411 said:
but still not worth 200$
Guess that's just a matter of opinion. If I had a spare 200 bucks right now they would soo be mine. Macrostoma is my dream betta :wub: But nearly impossible to breed from what I hear.

Yur right it is opinion. Of course im not really a betta lover. i wouldnt even have one but i won it for free

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back