Amano Shrimp for sale

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

McShrimp

Reaction score
Amano shrimp for sale South Leeds - Lofthouse area.

I've been breeding them during lockdown (zoas in salt water). These are around 12 months old, mature (some are berried), females are much larger up to 4cm long. They need a good home as are too cramped now.

Probably around 70 available. I recommend a minimum of 6 for optimal behavior. They are less shy when in larger groups.

£2 each - collection only please

Ask me anything about them and I'll do my best to answer.

PXL_20220520_173709136.MP.jpg
PXL_20220126_130826597.MP.jpg

A belated Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Not sure if these are still available, but just bumping it in case any of the members didn't see it and want some. :)

Nice! I'm too far away, and have five amanos, but I know we have some Northern members! Breeding them must have been a fun project! would love to hear how you did it, if you feel like sharing!

A belated Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Not sure if these are still available, but just bumping it in case any of the members didn't see it and want some. :)
Hi, thankyou! Yes there are still plenty available! I am away till the 10th July though 😊 cheers!

Thanks! Fun, difficult and a bit disheartening at times but worth the perseverance as they have whole different personalities in large groups and species only tanks! These ones have outgrown the nest though! I'll work on something more thorough but general tips - 35ppt marine saltwater, a sunny windowsill, air bubbler and more water is better than less. I used a 3L kilner jar at first but have since moved on to 10L with sponge filter. Takes about 3 weeks but up to 6 if you don't grow much algea and results in greater losses. You'll know when they've morphed as the look like miniature amanos about 3mm long and zoom around the tank. Syringe them out and convert back to fresh water. I did drop acclimate them at first but in my experience they don't care and you can reduce from 35-20-10-5-0ppt in an hour or less if needed.
Nice! I'm too far away, and have five amanos, but I know we have some Northern members! Breeding them must have been a fun project! would love to hear how you did it, if you feel like sharing!

Thanks! Fun, difficult and a bit disheartening at times but worth the perseverance as they have whole different personalities in large groups and species only tanks! These ones have outgrown the nest though! I'll work on something more thorough but general tips - 35ppt marine saltwater, a sunny windowsill, air bubbler and more water is better than less. I used a 3L kilner jar at first but have since moved on to 10L with sponge filter. Takes about 3 weeks but up to 6 if you don't grow much algea and results in greater losses. You'll know when they've morphed as the look like miniature amanos about 3mm long and zoom around the tank. Syringe them out and convert back to fresh water. I did drop acclimate them at first but in my experience they don't care and you can reduce from 35-20-10-5-0ppt in an hour or less if needed.
Wow!
You should totally make a youtube video or something about how to do it, I doubt that there are m/any out there who have successfully bred amanos, and they've grown so much in popularity I'm sure they'd sell well! So people who enjoy a more challenging breeding project would probably love it. :D

How do they act when they're in a big group? I bought a group of six because I heard that they're social, lost one and have had five for a couple of years now, but they don't seem to interact that much to be honest. But they're also with neocaridinas and fish, so not species only. I do feel bad when I see my females carrying eggs which they often are, and I know that it's fruitless :( But with my cories spawning all the time, I really don't have time to have a dedicated breeding set up for amanos right now, and I'd definitely need a more thorough guide to attempt it! I do enjoy the amanos though, especially when they do something like grab a whole wafer and run and hide in the plants with it, keeping it to themselves! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back