Amano Shrimp.....eggs!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

squirt_12

Reaction score
Ok well i was just looking at my tank when i noticed that my amano shrimp had a clutch of eggs and well i was wondering what i have to do for the eggs to hatch?? and well i am new at this and the reason that i bought that shrimp was because they looked cool and they would help keep my tank clean...!!!!!
So yeah i have no idea what to do with the eggs and the mother? ????

Thanks in advace!!!!

Unfortunalty, the baby amano shrimp would need brackish water in order to survive...

ok wel thats fine becasue i can get some sea salt (or marine salt wheat ever its called) and well can the parents live in brackish water or do they have the babaies and then i put the babies in brackish water?????

Amano shrimp do reportedly thrive in brackish water in the wild, but I believe the babies need a little more salt than most adults can handle.

Raising amano zoes (larvae) is a tricky business... I believe Bloo has a thread somewhere around here with details on how to do it...

so yeah i might just scratch the idea of trying to hatch my amano shrimp because from Bloos profile thing it pretty well states that yyou need a whole other tank for the zoes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back