Amano Shrimp And Angels

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have heard of cases (some members of TFF and others) where this seemingly works. For how long I'm not sure, but this combination is not advised. If the Angels are small and the shrimp large, it might work until the Angels are large enough to relentlessly hound down the shrimp. Again, in a very large well planted tank it might seemingly work for a while - but not fair on the shrimp to constantly live in fear of it's predator.

are there any shrimp that can cope with the angels???

i have very little alge in my tank i`m just wanting some cool crustatians in there to add another couple of critters to the tank, i just want something that can cope with the angels

Well those two I mentioned above will suit just fine then :)

i doubt i`ll be able to find the armoured shrimp, nor have i seen the bamboo shrimp any where can they be orderd via the tinterweb? if so any one recomend any good sites??

Well I know Wholesale Tropicals often have the Armoured Shrimp (they post as well, though that costs like £15), though I don't think I've seen them stock the bamboo shrimp. But my other lfs has them quite often.

Neither of them are "rare" but at around £7 for the bamboo and £10 or so for the Armoured, I guess they're not exactly cheap.

the price isnt an issue, i`ll do some more research to make sure there right for my tank, the armoured one is quite cool

the price isnt an issue, i`ll do some more research to make sure there right for my tank, the armoured one is quite cool

I have two Cameroon Armoured Shrimp. I fell in love with them because they are really cool to watch (when they dont hide under your bogwood!) Mine were for sale at Badshot Lea Garden Centre. Its in Surrey so a bit far for you to travel, but you can find their website and ask if they do mail order? Mine cost 9 pounds each.

I have a Singapore/Wood/Bamboo shrimp in my 40g planted tank. He's very peaceful, spends most of his time visable on a plant facing the filter output collecting food, and the bright red coloration is a great feature. There's an Amano and several small cherry shrimp as well and no problems.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back