Am i worrying for no reason?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Malt_Vinegar

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I currently have a 10 gallon, a monitor, amplifierm and a Large PC on my desk.

I want to have just a 20 gallon on it. Am i worrying about weight for no reason. There appears to be no problems with the current weight.

I presume im just being an old lady about it all :p

Has anyone ever had a desk collapse on them?

Here is the desk btw

deskfin1.jpg

deskfin2.jpg

Still think its ok to go ahead :p

I read somewhere what a gallon of water weighs, but can't remember now...is it 7 lbs? I'd do some calculating first...desk looks a little crowded. Just my 2 cents...

Good luck! :D

Im not sure about that desk..... :/ Each gallon of water weighs approx 10 pounds. Why dont you try adding weight equal to the weight of your other tank first to see if she'll hold....Great idea asking forum tho, with aquarium weights, its always a risk to use anything but a stand ( Idont use a stand, yet a dresser).

my 29 and 10 gal are on my dest with my comp and monitor so you should be fine, as long as it isnt bowing down it should be fine

wow and i thought my pc desk was cluttered,nice looking tank though.
Is it a glass desk you have there,i'd be a bit worried putting too much weight on glass, that tank will weigh in excess of 300lb

RYO said:
that tank will weigh in excess of 300lb
errm not quite :lol: a 10 US gallon tank weighs around 86 pounds, IMO its nothing to worry about, a large TV weighs more.

well just be careful, I had a mini reef 15 gallon going a few years back and my set up looked similar to yours and some how the friggin desk collapsed :-( saddly I lost all but an anenome and a fish that both fell into water pockets. i took them to a friends house who had salt water where both animals lived for a few years. I never went back to salt water again. I was a little broken hearted on that one...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back