Am I overstocked?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Obsessed with fish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi, please tell me if im posting to many threads. Everyone put down my other setup, so now i have made a new one. The tank is live planted and its 14 gallons. The tank is 50cmx48cmx36cm. If your wandering about the corys the base is 50cmx36cm.

My idea:

1 dwarf gourami.

2 guppies. (please don't complain about the dwarf gourami's being stressed with the guppies).

5 bronze cory catfish. (If 5 is to much please tell me if i can have 4 instead).

5 neon tetras.

Please change my setup as you did last time if its bad.

In terms of bio load its probably fine. I would add a couple more neon tetras as feel 5 is not enough.

In terms of will they all get on I will let someone else comment. I don't really do guppies or Gourami so can't really comment on them.

1 dwarf gourami.

2 guppies. (please don't complain about the dwarf gourami's being stressed with the guppies).
The issues discussed in your last thread remain.
The issues will remain, regardless of how many threads you post and please don't take it as complaints, it is simple facts, based on much experience regarding these animals. At any point, you can choose to disregard good advice and stick whatever you want in your tank. Many do and then post later, asking for help with unhappy fish.
5 bronze cory catfish. (If 5 is to much please tell me if i can have 4 instead).
You'll read amongst the more respected sources about fish, such as Seriously Fish as a good example, that Cory catfish need higher numbers in order for them to be happy. 4 to 6 should be considered as a minimum.
5 neon tetras.
8-10 should be regarded as the minimum shoal size, for them to thrive, according to Seriously Fish.

Perhaps you could use your 'obsession' to do some more serious on-line research.
This takes some effort, but will be well worth it in the long term.
I've scoured many internet sources and keep coming up with Seriously Fish as one of the very best.
I'm sure other Forum members could point you at others.

EDIT: Correct link added.

Perhaps you could use your 'obsession' to do some more serious on-line research.
This takes some effort, but will be well worth it in the long term.
I've scoured many internet sources and keep coming up with Seriously Fish as one of the very best.
I'm sure other Forum members could point you at others.

EDIT: Correct link added.
Thank you i will read the website.

Thank you i will read the website.
A couple of the YouTube channels I'm subscribed to caught my respect because they actually encourage subscribers to visit other channels and not to take what they say as Gospel.
Consider it the same for Seriously Fish.
Again, I'm hoping other members will contribute useful links. ;)

I can add this youtube link from Aquarium Co-op
go watch it and you will learn about the 10 best suited fish for an aquarium your size. Also this link https://aquanswers.com/smallest-freshwater-aquarium-fish-nano-species-stay-small-micro-tank/ will give you 17 well researched fish suggestions as well as the care and water conditions needed for each fish.
i suggest you watch the video and do the reading then you will be able to make a valid stocking plan you can come and show us.

I can add this youtube link from Aquarium Co-op
go watch it and you will learn about the 10 best suited fish for an aquarium your size. Also this link https://aquanswers.com/smallest-freshwater-aquarium-fish-nano-species-stay-small-micro-tank/ will give you 17 well researched fish suggestions as well as the care and water conditions needed for each fish.
i suggest you watch the video and do the reading then you will be able to make a valid stocking plan you can come and show us.
Well I wouldn't say the 10 best; just 10 options; and also yes you are over stocked. Btw i wouldn't worry about the dwarf gourami being stressed by the guppies; i would worry about it killing the guppies.
-
If you want cory in your tank pygmy is pretty much the only option but i'm not recommending them - i mean they are great fishes - but a 14 gallon is pretty small and your is too tall which limits the base size. Personally I prefer shallow aquariums with large base to tall aquarium with small base; in your aquarium I would consider green neon; ember tetra; a betta; maybe kubotai rasbora; shrimp; nerite snail; I would not consider all of these just some fishes to pick from. Green neon are similar to neon but smaller and you need smaller.

Well I wouldn't say the 10 best; just 10 options; and also yes you are over stocked. Btw i wouldn't worry about the dwarf gourami being stressed by the guppies; i would worry about it killing the guppies.
-
If you want cory in your tank pygmy is pretty much the only option but i'm not recommending them - i mean they are great fishes - but a 14 gallon is pretty small and your is too tall which limits the base size. Personally I prefer shallow aquariums with large base to tall aquarium with small base; in your aquarium I would consider green neon; ember tetra; a betta; maybe kubotai rasbora; shrimp; nerite snail; I would not consider all of these just some fishes to pick from. Green neon are similar to neon but smaller and you need smaller.
I agree about the gourami more likely killing the guppies. I'd also be careful putting a betta in with a gourami. Both are labyrinth fish and may fight.

Most reactions

trending

Back