Am I losing my mind?

I have five bettas.

And no, I did not! I only shook vigorously for 30 seconds. I have to shake it again for a minute and wait 5 mins? I must have skipped reading that part lol. I'll try again. Thanks!
Yes, I think you did miss it! No problem! Just try it again and get back to me. ;)

It certainly can be difficult trying to help people. I see nothing in my earlier post that could be taken as it obviously was, but I am not going to change trying to help those who ask. And nothing in that earlier post was inaccurate, for the record.

Yes, I think you did miss it! No problem! Just try it again and get back to me. ;)
Okay just did the test properly and it did change to an orangish color which means I'm between 10-20 ppm , which is okay by me!

Okay just did the test properly and it did change to an orangish color which means I'm between 10-20 ppm , which is okay by me!
Yes, totally ok. Nitrate should be kept under 20ppm, which is perfect in your case. (I personally keep mine at 6ppm)

The only reason why you should ever have Nitrate over 20ppm, is if you are breeding fish. :)

Yes, totally ok. Nitrate should be kept under 20ppm, which is perfect in your case. (I personally keep mine at 6ppm)

The only reason why you should ever have Nitrate over 20ppm, is if you are breeding fish. :)
All I know is that my arm is tired from all the shaking!

Thanks for the advice!

If you want to more easily test for nitrates, buy the Salifert nitate test kit. No shaking involved and results are easier to read. I use API for the other tests though.

If you want to more easily test for nitrates, buy the Salifert nitate test kit. No shaking involved and results are easier to read. I use API for the other tests though.
Sweet I'll look into that. It'll be nice to have a test that isn't so demanding when you need to test regularly.

In fact please stop responding to my threads. You stress me out with your arrogant replies.
@cupofjoel, @Byron is extremely knowledgeable and is kind enough to contribute and share his wealth of knowledge with us. You are coming acrosss in a very defensive manner. I have re-read the above information and can find no reason for you to behave this way. Byron was not rude in any way. Please be respectful to other members. Thank you.

It certainly can be difficult trying to help people. I see nothing in my earlier post that could be taken as it obviously was, but I am not going to change trying to help those who ask. And nothing in that earlier post was inaccurate, for the record.
You said nothing that should have caused such a response.

Test kits can be intimidating at first but before long, you’re testing while cooking dinner. :)
I agree. When I first got mine, I was freaked out! But I carefully read the instruction manual and preformed many tests before I got to where I was comfortable. You'll get there. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back