Am I Crazy?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

r.w.girard

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
If I were to add someĀ Daphnia magna andĀ D. pulex ephippia to my heavily planted tank, would any of them make it or would the colony be hunted out as soon as they hatched? I'd love to add Moina sp. cysts as well but I haven't been able to find any for sale.
Ā 
The set up is a very densely planted 25g cube with tons of emergent growth and a long photoperiod that houses 18Ā Celestichthys margaritatus with a handful ofĀ Physidae sp., Melanoides tuberculata, Clea helena,Ā NeritinaĀ sp.Ā The Celestial Pearl Danios are feisty and constantly peck at everything--plants, wood, gravel, each other.

I don't know the answer, but I'd imagine the colony would be eaten pretty quickly - if a fish sees a small thing move, it eats it. It doesn't worry about whether it's full or not.

Thank you. That's what I imagined. Figured I would ask.
Ā 
*What about leaf litter? Would that help survival rates? To make areas that can't easily be reached.

Wouldn't have thought so. The daphnia aren't intelligent enough to realise that they need to stay amongst the leaf litter to not be eaten.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back