Always lots to learn!

Charlie1978

Reaction score
Hi All,
So I definitely had multi tank syndrome! Just found it so enjoyable scaping smaller tanks and watching them all (12) develop, and then rescaping as I learnt new techniques.
Particularly due to energy prices, I decided to consolidate to a 200L and a 72L... and fighting the urge for more!
Always more to learn, and hopefully also help people with what I've learnt/experienced.

What's everyone's biggest frustration with the hobby?
For me it's fish stores asking "has your tank been set up for at least 24hrs?"

Hi All,
So I definitely had multi tank syndrome! Just found it so enjoyable scaping smaller tanks and watching them all (12) develop, and then rescaping as I learnt new techniques.
Particularly due to energy prices, I decided to consolidate to a 200L and a 72L... and fighting the urge for more!
Always more to learn, and hopefully also help people with what I've learnt/experienced.

Oml, my fish store asked that too when I went in to buy fish... I just stared at them awkwardly for like 3 seconds and then said: "No no... Actually about 3 weeks sooooo..." 😂

Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on your MTS diagnosis 😂

I was up to 6 tanks, dropped to 2 because I couldn't justify the electric bill increase, now I have three but converting one to cold water.

Biggest beef, "I can not get Axolotls"

You lot really have to look at west African killies. Small tanks, one air pump for many tanks, easy lighting, no heater, beautiful and interesting....

You lot really have to look at west African killies. Small tanks, one air pump for many tanks, easy lighting, no heater, beautiful and interesting....
Looking right now. They seem like interesting fish, how are they in regards to interacting with their owners.

Looking right now. They seem like interesting fish, how are they in regards to interacting with their owners.
Some are sociable, some very nervous. When you are that size in an African stream, you'd have to be a lot dumber than people think fish are to dance around in front of predators. But gardneri, nigerianus, striatum, gabunense and ones like that are show offs.

Plus there is a Vancouver area killifish club.

Stunning! And I've still got all the other small tanks, spare substrate, can propogate plants... Very tempting, but done think I've ever seen them stocked in LFS {UK}. Might ask next time I pop in!

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
Well, I do understand the frustration that arises. I'm keeping myself busy with this hobby ever since the 1970's. When I go to a store that I don't know or a familiar store where they have interns or new employees. I do get some standard questions at an lfs when I buy fish or something else. As if I just don't know how things work. It does irritate and frustrate me. But I also realize that they mean well and they just don't know my background within this field. So, I stay calm instead. Or I just listen to them and once they're done, I do tell them if they made any mistakes or not. For I also do like to find out wether someone is knowledgeable or not. Sometimes I can be a real "a.."!

For me, the frustrating bit about being asked if the tank has been set up for at least 24 hours is that it shows they know nothing about setting up a tank. 24 hours isn't nearly long enough.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back