Altum Angels?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Hey,

I got a couple of eeny beeny angels for my tank yesterday. They are beautiful but when I googled to try and find what kind they are, the most they look like was altum angels. In fact so far as I can tell they look exactly like them.

However, I find this hard to believe given how often I have read how rare they are. So, my question is...

Is there any way to identify these other than their colours? Do they have a different shape at all? Do normal angels have these markings? Anything I need to know about them?

I did try to get pics of mine but my camera is not the greatest and I can't get something clear...

Cheers for any info.

Hmmm, I am not really any the wiser but thanks anyway. I really need to be able to get a picture of them but my camera isn't focussing for some reason.

:blink:

Managed to get a picture of the little dudes. Took many attempts to get one half decent shot!! Anyways, I don't think they are altum, due to the large space between stripes, but they are still beautiful. They will be stunning when adult (10p sized at the moment).

angels.jpg

Hello

Not Altum angles. Hell any shop selling Altum angles for domestic prices, is a shop I would love to visit. Expect to spend 5x's the price of normal angles for tiny altums, and even then you have to know what to look for. Fin ray count etc...

What you have are (sorry about my comments, but I am a perfectionist when it comes to angel fish) poor quality mass bread standard and Ghost angles (ghost is half way to blushing)

We had about 16 4-5" tall altums in a while back that were really nice. They were selling for £35 which is quite alot but i dont know what the going rate is for ones that size. We could probably get them in again quite easily.

Ben

Er, well thanks for that interesting bit of information Durbkat. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that.

Although, how you can tell their size from that photo is beyond me...

Most reactions

Back