Also staged...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
No offense. I'm sorry but I just don't buy this to be true. Fancy bettas are caught overhere. No wilds! Same thing as with those fancy guppies in another video by them while they suppose to be wild ones. Such videos may attract people to watch. Which is a good thing for the creator of this video. No problems there... But I don't believe this video to be true... Sorry!

There are other videos on that YouTube site in which they are catching red ear slider turtles, angelfish, and goldfish in the same river in SE Asia. The only way this could be possible is if the fish escaped from the commercial hatcheries, or someone put them there.

There are other videos on that YouTube site in which they are catching red ear slider turtles, angelfish, and goldfish in the same river in SE Asia. The only way this could be possible is if the fish escaped from the commercial hatcheries, or someone put them there.
True. But all of their videos are like this. It's too obvious...

Have you every tried to catch a fish using that method. I used to go down to a pond trying to catch "wild" Goldfish, almost impossible.
yep, i swoosh the net as fast as i can to catch some small oto like catfish and mosquitofish schools.

Have you every tried to catch a fish using that method. I used to go down to a pond trying to catch "wild" Goldfish, almost impossible.
That is similar to how I used to collect fish in creeks except I used a net made from pvc pipe and mosquitoe netting, and I wore waders to stay clean and dry. I didn't shove the net in rapidly tho, I simply had the net under water and pushed it towards the bank before lifting it up. I also used to push the net ahead of me when walking through the water and stop every now and then to check it. There was always stuff in it including fish, frogs, tadpoles, turtles and snakes. Frogs would scare the hell out of me because they would sometimes jump out of the net towards you. Turtles would scare the heck out of me because you think snake when you see their head and neck. We have long neck turtles in Australia. When I caught snakes, I would let the net go and watch it float down the creek.

Most reactions

Back