Almost A Foot!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
Iā€™m so excited! My main ā€œbullā€ sire has finally reached 11.5ā€. Most buyerā€™s are wanting fry that will reach at least a foot. Heā€™s my heaviest male. Some may not be aware, but the City of San Antonio has some of my pond fish in the creek that runs through the Alamo. A big rancher purchased 90 this past summer for a pond he built his wife. Grow babies,
grow.
16E6E2AB-1F5C-4605-A0EF-03F70D9070F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, nice looking fish, mine only grew to about 6-8 inches before I gave them to a friend with a pond. I love the river walk. next time I am down there I will look for your fish. The last time I was there I saw a rattle snack sitting on a rock in the creek sunning himself . :)

Wow, nice looking fish, mine only grew to about 6-8 inches before I gave them to a friend with a pond. I love the river walk. next time I am down there I will look for your fish. The last time I was there I saw a rattle snack sitting on a rock in the creek sunning himself . :)
Oh, crud. I be like...ā€Outta hereā€! Seriously, when we tube on the Comal River Water Moccasinā€™s come out of the power plant when they release some water. Tubers start yelling ā€œ snakeā€ to warn each other. Game Wardens paddle in canoes and try to keep them on one side of the river. Every now and then they yell, ā€œescapeeā€ and we know to watch our side. Theyā€™re easy to spot and just want to be left alone.

I remember training down south in the swamps when I was in the military and seeing them glide across the water. Like you said they seemed to want to be left alone and would generally head the other way. It's when you surprise one up close that when your in trouble:eek:

Last edited:
What do you feed that giant fish?

What do you feed that giant fish?
Food from the Valley Of The Jolly Green Giant. Lol! Seriously, Tetra Spring & Fall in colder months and Tetra Vibrance in the Summer. Looks like rabbit pellets. They love them. Occasional peas and cucumbers too. Oh, they love oranges!

Food from the Valley Of The Jolly Green Giant. Lol! Seriously, Tetra Spring & Fall in colder months and Tetra Vibrance in the Summer. Looks like rabbit pellets. They love them. Occasional peas and cucumbers too. Oh, they love oranges!
OK I'll bite, how do they peel the oranges????

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back