All Pond Solutions 240L Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I like it, just leave the Crypts a few months and see how happy you are with it.

I like it, just leave the Crypts a few months and see how happy you are with it.

thanks. yeah thats a good idea cus at the moment i have no idea what its gonna look like :lol:

i have a question about cycling, i have some mature media to use but as its quite heavily planted would it be ok to stock slowly without cycling at all? like a few fish each week if levels are ok?

That APS tank looks very impressive. Crisp and clean.

Like what you're doing with the scaping, looks very good.

If your using mature media and doing the whole daily water changes to start with you should be fine, I fully stocked mine 2 days after planting but my filter was running for a few months on another tank first.

very nice...i'd be a little peeved about the plants though. If they were ordered before 1500 on thurs you should have got them on Friday. Nice planting though :good:

very nice...i'd be a little peeved about the plants though. If they were ordered before 1500 on thurs you should have got them on Friday. Nice planting though :good:

i was very upset saturday to say the least and the crypts are all starting to melt now. i ordered about 1600 on thursday but the way i look at it if aqua essentials didnt expect the plants to arrive by saturday morning then they never should have sent them till monday. i ordered some liquid ferts and carbon from them around the same time the previous week and chose free delivery and they arrived sat morning so i obviously assumed choosing a much faster option would be ok.

i obviously assumed choosing a much faster option would be ok.

It really doesn't work like that. I think Richard's cut off for same day despatch is 1pm, so this (essentially) rules out a Friday delivery, as it was Parcel 24 you chose, this would ultimately rule out a Saturday delivery (90% sure)
I'm still guessing, but was your free delivery on the Saturday Royal Mail? They do deliver Saturdays if they think it's worth it.

IMO

i obviously assumed choosing a much faster option would be ok.

It really doesn't work like that. I think Richard's cut off for same day despatch is 1pm, so this (essentially) rules out a Friday delivery, as it was Parcel 24 you chose, this would ultimately rule out a Saturday delivery (90% sure)
I'm still guessing, but was your free delivery on the Saturday Royal Mail? They do deliver Saturdays if they think it's worth it.

IMO

yes the free delivery was royal mail, ive had loads of royal mail parcels arrive on saturdays. if parcelforce dont deliver on saturdays (which i wasnt aware of) i go back to my orginal argumemt and say why dispatch the plants and not wait till monday?

and say why dispatch the plants and not wait till monday?

Always a tricky one. I couldn't comment on their behalf but IMO it's generally a case of trying to balance what's best. If you strip it right back to the facts it was your choice to choose the service and they complied. I'd guess you gave your contact number so you might argue they could have phoned you to ask if it was ok to send it Monday for a Tuesday del. but when you start to weigh that up against any number of people that would say "WT* Tuesday, I've paid for PF24!?"
Not forgetting that there was every chance that the plants would be fine over the weekend, it is a tricky time of year, but it's pretty warm at the moment. Beside's I'm sure you'd get help if you contact them to say things aren't up to scratch.

Just trying to show these things don't always work as ppl imagine. I have a list of them... :lol:

i think Richard cut off is 1500hrs, and yes Parcel Farce don't work saturdays. Have you emailed him? he's normally very good about these situations.

i think Richard cut off is 1500hrs, and yes Parcel Farce don't work saturdays. Have you emailed him? he's normally very good about these situations.

ive emailed just. all ive said is the crypts arrived in a poor state and are starting to melt what should i do?

i really hate complaining and it was probably my own fault. as long as the plants survive im not bothered but if ive wasted £95 on dead plants ill be gutted as thats a very large amount of money for me.

added 3 ottos and a thai flying fox, will get more ottos soon. i assumed the flying fox would be exactly like a siamese algae eater except in looks but ive read a few things via google saying they can be quite aggressive when older, ill have to keep an eye on that. if he gets too aggressive he can live with my mbuna instead :lol:

mwctj4.jpg

21aelhk.jpg

apologies for poor picture quality

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back