all of a sudden with my amanos are many really tiny snails.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi- i have had my amanos for a few weeks. they are eating, acting normally. but today i found some really tiny dark snails in there with them. i have 2 java moss mats. i had soaked them alone in tank water in a separate container. swished them around. never saw snails. 🤷‍♀️

you may have bladder snails but I'd need a pic to clarify. and a good way to rid a tank of snails is um, well, a, um... ... snail Assassin snail that is they prey on other snails and are far too slow to catch a shrimp of yours.

you may have bladder snails but I'd need a pic to clarify. and a good way to rid a tank of snails is um, well, a, um... ... snail Assassin snail that is they prey on other snails and are far too slow to catch a shrimp of yours.
id not rely on animals to get rid of other animals since assassin snails can also get invasive, id make a snail trap. when the snails and shrimp get trapped, make the shrimp go out of the trap and get the snails out

id not rely on animals to get rid of other animals since assassin snails can also get invasive, id make a snail trap. when the snails and shrimp get trapped, make the shrimp go out of the trap and get the snails out
hey Dragon Scales&Doubletails and Sgooosh- what happens if i just leave them be?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 18
i have bladder and rams becos i cant get rid of them
nice little gardeners too
i don’t know what rams becos are?
but i just did a water change on the amano tank. i just saw a worm- like thing swimming. 1/4” long- as thick as seeing thread!
i have OCD - germs and bugs. it’s a real problem for me. please tell me that worm thing won’t get into or on my body!
seriously this will give me a panic attack :(
this state i now have to live in- arkansas- has so many kinds of bugs! i had a scorpion inthe laundry sink. i don’t go outside except for necessary reasons- like driving to a doctor appt.
Any input will be appreciated!!

i don’t know what rams becos are?
but i just did a water change on the amano tank. i just saw a worm- like thing swimming. 1/4” long- as thick as seeing thread!
i have OCD - germs and bugs. it’s a real problem for me. please tell me that worm thing won’t get into or on my body!
seriously this will give me a panic attack :(
this state i now have to live in- arkansas- has so many kinds of bugs! i had a scorpion inthe laundry sink. i don’t go outside except for necessary reasons- like driving to a doctor appt.
Any input will be appreciated!!
sry can't spell today LOL
ramshorn snails Because 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

photo for ID? same man, im also scared of wormy things. probably a deitrus worm, another cleaner, care is similar to amano again but maybe even slower

oh no...
thats freaky, lobsters are a lot better than scorpions

sry can't spell today LOL
ramshorn snails Because 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

photo for ID? same man, im also scared of wormy things. probably a deitrus worm, another cleaner, care is similar to amano again but maybe even slower

oh no...
thats freaky, lobsters are a lot better than scorpions
sorry no picture- i bravely squished it. probably be more though.

Bladder snails, as has already been stated. Personally don't like them because they overbreed pretty quickly and are considered pest snails.
They come in on plants at times, I find that they're most common on the amazon swords that I get from my LFS. They're not harmful to fish but can eat your plants, so if you don't want to be replacing scraggly plants then I'd get rid of them.

Warning not to use snail pesticides since they're generally also harmful to shrimp. Instead, you can pick them out manually, squish them, or do the old cucumber trick.

Again, they're not necessarily harmful, but nobody will blame you for getting rid of them. Hope this helps.

Bladder snails, as has already been stated. Personally don't like them because they overbreed pretty quickly and are considered pest snails.
They come in on plants at times, I find that they're most common on the amazon swords that I get from my LFS. They're not harmful to fish but can eat your plants, so if you don't want to be replacing scraggly plants then I'd get rid of them.

Warning not to use snail pesticides since they're generally also harmful to shrimp. Instead, you can pick them out manually, squish them, or do the old cucumber trick.

Again, they're not necessarily harmful, but nobody will blame you for getting rid of them. Hope this helps.
thanks - what’s the ol’ cucumber trick 🙂

thanks - what’s the ol’ cucumber trick 🙂
Basically, you put a slice of blanched cucumber in your tank. It sinks to the bottom, and the snails are attracted to it.
It doesn't work as well for me, I feed the tank and when the snails come out I use a flour shaker to scoop them up from the sand. However, I've heard it does work for a lot of people so always worth a shot!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back