All my fish are dieing

Miggy

Reaction score
Please please can anybody help, my fish are dieing, I had the water checked and they said everything is fine, I did let a new filter in on sunday and it as been since then what can I do

Did you install a new filter Sunday? Did you completely change the entire filter, the sponges, media, and everything?
Because if you did replace the entire filter, you could have crashed your aquarium's cycle.

Did you install a new filter Sunday? Did you completely change the entire filter, the sponges, media, and everything?
Because if you did replace the entire filter, you could have crashed your aquarium's cycle.
Yes I did

I am so sorry about your fish dying, but you should have used your old media and sponges because that is where the beneficial bacteria live. You could slowly over time replace the sponges, if you have more than one do this one sponge at a time.
Are you familiar with cycling an aquarium and how beneficial bacteria work?

pictures of the fish and tank?
what symptoms do the fish have?
what do they look like when they die?
have you added anything in the last few days (besides the new filter)?

I am so sorry about your fish dying, but you should have used your old media and sponges because that is where the beneficial bacteria live. You could slowly over time replace the sponges, if you have more than one do this one sponge at a time.
Are you familiar with cycling an aquarium and how beneficial bacteria work?
Have been to my local fish place they said my ammo is was a bit high and the nitrate was more of a worry so told me to do a big water change and gave me some stuff to put in the tank so now just wait and see got to do a bit of water change every day at the moment

Have you got your own test kit? Unless the tank has been running over a year, since you removed your beneficial bacteria when you changed the filter so you are now doing a fish-in cycle. You need to test the tank water every day for ammonia and nitrite and whenever either show a reading above zero, do a water change. The amount of water you need to change is as much as necessary to get ammonia and nitrite down to zero.

OK, you need to test the tank water every day and do a water change whenever ammonia or nitrite are above zero.

if you ever have a water quality problem (ammonia, nitrite or nitrate), the easiest way to reduce the problem is by doing a 75% water change and gravel cleaning the substrate every day until the levels are back at 0ppm.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank,

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back