All in one aquariums

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rick147

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend what brand is good for all in one tanks (tan, filter, stand light etc)

Eg. jewel? Aqua one? Cade?

I am looking at a 5-6ft used for freshwater

I'm leery of built in systems, as if one poorly made component fails, you have a problem. But now I'll make way for people who know the market better...

I concur with @GaryE. Most of the all in ones I have seen are deficient in some case, often the filtration or the lighting is not quite sufficient, or they do something unusual like design the tank so if really only fits the built in canopy, an issue I had when I wanted to change the lighting.

I have purchased a couple of all in ones, then after a couple of months end up discarding some component.

You might have better choices in Australia, the choices in Canada are not so good.

I’ve had a couple of all in one systems and they were fine for what I needed. I had a fluval profile tank for years without any major issues. Those are obsolete now, but I think fluval make other all in one tanks. If you want to customise the equipment (e.g lights or filters) it can be tricky, but other than that it was pretty much like every other tank I’ve had

I’ve had a couple of all in one systems and they were fine for what I needed. I had a fluval profile tank for years without any major issues. Those are obsolete now, but I think fluval make other all in one tanks. If you want to customise the equipment (e.g lights or filters) it can be tricky, but other than that it was pretty much like every other tank I’ve had
I recommend the aqua one horizon and it's on sail now so it's cheaper i brought the 130 liter one it came with stand, heater, filter and light.

I have attached 3 options.

What would be your preference?

Attachments

• F1E8157F-9A57-4D03-8243-8319E01BC965.png
    F1E8157F-9A57-4D03-8243-8319E01BC965.png
    342.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 86240E84-CA15-44F9-B76C-02C0E2FC639F.png
    86240E84-CA15-44F9-B76C-02C0E2FC639F.png
    322.8 KB · Views: 31
  • C8EE47E5-BB47-4D10-9F17-9AC4C4528828.png
    C8EE47E5-BB47-4D10-9F17-9AC4C4528828.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 31
I like my fluval flex.

Edit: sorry - missed the part where mentioned stand. There are stands available but I don't know if they are decent or not.

Last edited:
If you can, avoid systems with particle board, glue and sawdust stands. They swell if they get wet, and rare is the stand that never gets wet. They are weak point one, but are often as expensive as a better made stand would be. Heaters are weak point two - you need a system that allows for replacement. Filters are pretty reliable across brands. All lights eventually burn out, including LEDs, so hoods with built in lighting are not as good as ones where you place a light bar in the hood.
My world view is skewed because I have tanks that can range up to 30 years in use, so while the glass box retains its beauty and the fish inside thrive, gear comes and goes with the years.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back