All Advice Wanted!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mattb22

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Heya all,

So just added compost into my tank under the gravel, now then I would like all advice you guys can give me, from what to use for my background to some good plants that would work in my nano.

This is the compost that I have just used as a base layer, http://www.gloversaquatics.co.uk/shop/prod...=28&secID=2 ,
Howerver I am a little worried that I have spread it a bit thin take a look for yourself from the pic below.

My dimensions are 12"x8"x9"

A few questions:

1. How many inches of the compost should I use, keeping in mind that the tank is only 9 inches high.

2. What plants would work in there, personally I like riccia, java moss and small grass like plants would these work?

3. What sort of background could I use, I have been told just a bin bag is effective, is this true?

GREATLY APPRECIATED FOR ALL YOUR HELP :good:

Mattb22 :D

Attachments

• STA40040.JPG
    STA40040.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 34
You want a thin layer of compost ( 1 - 1.5cm )... Depending on your equipment ( co2, lighting, etc... ) many plants are available.

You could use a structured background or coloured paper ( a black binbag would work )...

Just ordered a few plants from java-plants, ordered 10cm of java moss, some Blyxa Japonica and a banana plant. Do you believe these will do ok in the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Back