Alien betta?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I can’t find a lot of info on these guys. I saw a blue alien betta at my lfs and have a few questions. Is it aggressive like splendens? Can they go with shrimp? How do they do with tank mates/what are good tank mates? What are your experiences with these beautiful guys?

Looks like they are either a variety of splendens or a hybrid of same. Pending further information, I recommend treating them like B. splendens.

Found this, flipping heck!!!!

New Bettas (2): “Alien Blue”, “Alien Steel Blue” and “Alien Green”
24. May 2019
These new Betta types were certainly also bred by crossing in wild species, in this case Betta stiktos seems to have been involved; “Alien Green” looks de facto like a B. stiktos. They are all very slender Bettas, they have much more of the heritage of the Betta smaragdina alike forms to which B. stiktos belongs than of Betta splendens. The behaviour is also more similar to that of wild bettas from the B. smaragdina group than that of the immediate B. splendens group. They are – at least from the photographer’s point of view – almost too peaceful, the fights short and little ritualized. However, we advise against keeping several males together, as this could end badly in the long run; after all, one wants to enjoy the sight of these beautiful animals from specimens with undamaged fins

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back