Algea growing on window/plants?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GeoffRoos

Reaction score
20211211_113110.jpg
20211211_113109.jpg
20211211_113117.jpg

So I've had this roughly 50 gallon tank for just over a month now. I've done 1 water change of about 50% about 2 weeks ago. And I'm now noticing this brown stuff on the front glass, there's some on the back glass too. I'm just wanna make sure it just algae, or is it something I should be worried about? Because I always thought algae was just green, but this is brown. And there's a few black spots on a fake plant I have. I haven't seen them anywhere else excepts the 1 plant, are they also normal?

The fish I have if necessary:
6 black skirt tetras
6 Emperor tetras
5 neon tetras (1 died for unknown reasons, a while ago, I gonna get a few more neon soon.)

I've got a good Ciano filter that has a Water Clear and protect cartridge, and a Bio-Bact cartridge.
I have also cleaned the filter sponge recently aswell.

Algae is fine just keep it under control. You can't have a healthy aquarium without some algae, just clean it off regularly, it is all good.

Algae is fine just keep it under control. You can't have a healthy aquarium without some algae, just clean it off regularly, it is all good.
I knew algae was fine, I've just never seen brown algae, so wanted to make sure it was all good. What about the black spots on the plant though? Is that also algae?

Just algae and nothing to worry about. It grows anywhere there is water and light. If you have live plants in the tank, they use the light and inhibit algal growth. If you only have plastic plants, then algae will thrive because there won't be any competition from live plants.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back