Algea Growing Between Filter Housing And Glass? Cant Think How To Clea

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

craigybaby37

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Can you possible get a toothbrush behind it or something with long bristles?
Or how about a clothe of some type, that would be fish safe?

When I was cutting my filter out of my Rekord 96 a very very thin blade was difficult to get back there so I doubt very much if you'll get back there with any kind of brush.

thanks for the suggestions people just had a closer look an there is a small gap between the housing and the glass so just gotta find somethin that can clean it and is thin enough....just to give ya an idea of the size of the gap i tore of the cardboard lid of a medicine bottle and it slid down nicley.

I'd also get some black backing sheet, cut it to the size of the filter and stick it on the outside of the tank to cover the filter from the outside.

No light = No algae. And you can't see the horrible filter box.

I've got a rio 180 but luckily that side of the tank is against the wall.

CS

are those filters held in place with suckers or are the fixed if not fixed just move it out the
way clean and put back in place if you cant do that just do what that other person said
and black sticky back plastic cut out the light and you will cut out the algae i used to let
algae grow on the back of my tanks it looks quite good when its moving in the current
all ways keep front and sides clean with a razor and a pan scower that's if your tank is
glass if not DONT! use them filter wool is good for cleaning acrylic tanks and wont scratch
you can also use filter wool for remove algae from plant leafs

Most reactions

trending

Back