algea eaters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lilslim321

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have a plecostumos and he seems healthy but i aint shure. am i supposed to feed him something or will he live off just eating off the tank and stuff. is he a good algea eater? or is there a better one out there? please give me as much details as u can. thanx,
WILL :p :)

I had alot of algae on my tank before I got my little plec. Hes still tiny but has cleaned up the tank ALOT! They get huge (check out cryosi's)

Another one is the chinese algae eater. ive just seen them before, but havent had any experience with them. Snails eat a decent amount of algae too, depending on how big they are. Mine are golf ball size, so they eat quite a bit :lol:

otocinclus are in my opinion the best but like all fish they only eat specific types of algae, generally the brown stuff. I would recomend you feed your pleco catfish/algae pellets as well.

hi if u have a plec* supplement his diet with algae wafers, lettuce leafs, cucumber, courgette, bloodworms, brineshrimp, tubiflex, any meaty food you can get from your lfs.

ok hey all my local lfs are sold out of algea tablets or wafers what ever u call them. and he wont eat lettuse or anyhting. will he die if i dont give him this stuff. please maggie larry great lakes anyone help me.

boil/blanch some cucumber/courgette, once done it should sink leave it in overnight and watch him enjoy . Your tank water may go a little cloudy but its worth it, just a slice mind :thumbs: :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back