Algae

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It sort of gives a tank a patina that pulls everything together. I know some who have very light fish loads can see no algae in planted tanks...or fish only tanks with low lights- enough to just see the fish,can also be algae free.
But the 98% of the rest of aquariums get some algae. Public aquariums included.

I had algae in all my tanks for my fish to graze on and I grew it outside in tubs as well.
how do feed the fish the algae which you grow in tubs ?? move the fish just feed that's seems like a lot more work to do

Have smooth river rocks and plastic/ ceramic ornaments in the plastic container outside. They get covered in algae and I move the rocks/ ornaments into the tank for a week, then swap them with new rocks in the tub.

I used to put Pseudotropheus varieties out for the summer in 10'x4' pond. Wasn't long before you saw thousands of teeth marks along the sides of the pond where algae was scraped off. It was great for the fishes color. Cobalts glowed.

We did the same with rainbowfish and barbs. A few months outdoors in the sun and their colours were amazing. They also put on heaps of size when outdoors in big ponds :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back