Algae

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
haha ye sorry 1bbs well less than that altho i have upped it to around 1bbs now and yes lime green been moving my two drop checkers around the tank and changing the liquid regularly on them to 

Thanks everyone for sharing their knowledge. I am also troubled with the same problem in my aquariums. I am going to try suggestions to check which one works better for me. I will then let everyone know about it. Thanks again....
smile.png

aw very good what sorta algae have you got i managed to get rid of BBA, and when i made me have GSA i fixed that but my latest diatoms and GDA caught me by surprise so ye :) slowly working on it

okay so i am still getting one of either GSA or GDA not sure what type again i shall try and get some better pictures for you all, i am not sure i have upped my co2 ever so slightly even tho my drop checker show lime green all over the tank bba is non exsistent so i am happy its been delt with, this stuff only appears on the front glass i have increased my ferts so i am conftable that its not a lack of fert issue altho if its GSA it may still be low phosphate

Green spot is larger spots qutie apart from each other.
Green dust tends to make the glass like solid green if you leave it grow as much.
Picture?

okay sorry for the delay in pics, well no diatoms this time so i guess not cleaning my filters so often has fixed that problem :) but still this algae hmm i cant tell what it is its a misty style but the causes of that algae just don't make since i have perfect co2 i mean perfect i cant get it any better, and my ferts well i am triple dosing now  100ml a day to what the bottle says 33ml so i am sure i am okay on the fert front

but hey here are the pics

sorry if they are not that great but its hard to get a pic of these

any ideas? oh and i tested for phosphate just for fun still high :) of the chart

yep i think i am going to just leave it for 3 weeks then scrub it off and see what happens with that, cheers snazy dam algae i see to be getting almost all of them in the last month :p hahaha god learning curve for me

Well, at least you get the experience how to deal with each one of them :)
I suppose green dust algae isn't the worst of them to be honest. At least it stays on the glass..

yes i agree i am glad its the only algae i am getting right now just a quick wipe and its gone but would be nice to know why and if its preventable when i look on the jame's algae guide it says commonly found in newly setup tanks i'm like :O the cheek mines not new mines like 2 years old now :D a bit of a shock but ye all al learning curve :)

Well, according to that article I once posted, it could be related to:
1: Too much calcium compared to magnesiium-rocks in the tank releasing calcium?
2. Too much PO4 compared to NO3.

I suppose you can try dosing more NO3 to create a balance if your PO4 is high. Or lower the PO4 a bit, carefullly not to cause another algae :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back