What's new

algae eaters

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
Problem with hillstream loaches is that they need a high current too, which goldfish wouldnt appreciate. And theyre quite delicate as well

Problem with hillstream loaches is that they need a high current too, which goldfish wouldnt appreciate. And theyre quite delicate as well
They love high current but they don't need it to thrive and they're not as delicate as internet says I think. In the video, cory says that he keep them with his goldfish and no problem, they even spawn. He even keep them in his 800gallon with clown loach at high temperature and they still spawn and no problem. They just need clean water like all fish should have. I am not an expert, I just say what was in this video and I think cory is a good source of info too, he talks about this fish from his personal experience and not what he saw on the internet.

Last edited:
I would suggest buy some black ghost knifefish they are great at eating algae...especially mine.

I would suggest buy some black ghost knifefish they are great at eating algae...especially mine.

I hope this was intended as a joke. There is no way a knifefish would work in a tank this small (20g or 10g), nor with goldfish, nor in cool water. Given the inaccurate information already being posted in this thread, the OP may get all the wrong ideas.

They love high current but they don't need it to thrive and they're not as delicate as internet says I think. In the video, cory says that he keep them with his goldfish and no problem, they even spawn. He even keep them in his 800gallon with clown loach at high temperature and they still spawn and no problem. They just need clean water like all fish should have. I am not an expert, I just say what was in this video and I think cory is a good source of info too, he talks about this fish from his personal experience and not what he saw on the internet.

This is one of the real problems with the internet...it can be an excellent source of knowledge, but anyone can post videos and without knowing the knowledge level of the individual, nothing can be taken as accurate. I got about half way through the video and the information was so misleading I quit.

As for the Hillstream Loach, they have very specific requirements which makes them completely unsuitable for most community aquariums due to teemperature or often size. SF is an accurate source of information. There are several species but they share basic needs for good husbandry.

I hope this was intended as a joke. There is no way a knifefish would work in a tank this small (20g or 10g), nor with goldfish, nor in cool water. Given the inaccurate information already being posted in this thread, the OP may get all the wrong ideas.
No I keep mine in my half a gallon fish bowl without any problem

thank you. i find them hard to find and pricey where they are available. i think i’ll get some floating plants as suggested by another member. thanks for replying.

No I keep mine in my half a gallon fish bowl without any problem
hey Meg you must know the latin names for knife fish i read the the article and missed it. i saw huge knife fish at my Petco. not my kind of fish anyway. thanks for your reply.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back