algae eaters are dying!!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

riker032

Reaction score
I have lost 2 out of my 3 algae eaters have died over the past 2 days. the are just your everyday plecos, water tests fine.. any suggestions???

HELP!!!!

Where did you get them? No idea why they would be dying so fast. Maybe it's a bad batch or a diseased store etc.

It could have been a variaty of deseases. It could have been any thing. Did they have ich? If so maybe thats why.

i just started the rest of the tank on melafix.. hopefully that will help

How big are these plecs? They excrete a lot of waste, so it might be that, but you say your readings are fine. What are they?

If you don't know, these fish get to well over a foot in length, so you should give the remaining one away if it's in a small tank.

How big is the tank? How many other fish? What size is the remaining plec? What have you been feeding it?

tempestuousfury said:
How big are these plecs? They excrete a lot of waste, so it might be that, but you say your readings are fine. What are they?

If you don't know, these fish get to well over a foot in length, so you should give the remaining one away if it's in a small tank.

How big is the tank? How many other fish? What size is the remaining plec? What have you been feeding it?
Good questions. I was going to ask if he/she uses Algae Wafers and other foods. Algae can be hard to find with 3 pleco's in a small tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back