algae eater changing colour?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

sauvagii

Reaction score
Hey there,

I've got a pair of "algae eaters" - the closest match I can find is that they are also called "false siamensis", but im not 100% on that.

Problem is, since they went into my current tank, one of them has slowly been changing colour to an orange colour on the face, head, fins and at the base of the fins.

I cant find any suggestions as to what this might be indicating - anyone here any ideas?

:/
Cheers

Yeah, you're right cry (link dosn't work though)... Is this similar to your fish sauvagii -

false-photo.jpg

If fish are still healthy and eating don't worry about colours.... may be in breeding dress or different species altogether. Do you have photo's of them? If so, post in Members Aquarium pictures :)

Hey, sorry for the delay in replying, but I've been somewhat busy settin up my new 50G in the bedroom.......and i forgot about posting this lol :)

Anyways, yes my algae eaters are kinda similar to that but something else i found suggested they are something like a chinese sucking loach? they do have a plec-like tendency to stick to the glass with their mouths lol

They are kinda similar to the pics but have more diamond type pattern along the flank. Dunno if that makes it easier to decide what they are?

I'll try get a couple of pics, but at the moment ive only got a terrible quality webcam.....and damn those things never stay still to get a pic! WIsh me luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back