Algae and light observation.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JohnBgood

Reaction score
About 6 months on from setting up my current tank I had a black beard algae problem. I managed to get rid of it using a product available from Melbourne called no more black beard. After talking to a few people I changed my light settings to 2 hrs 100%, 6 hrs 25% then 4 hrs 100% due to the advice to reduce the amount of light. Observations after a couple of months were as follows: reduced plant growth from plants that were previously going strong and all of a sudden the appearance of fine green algae which wasn't present before. I returned the light settings back to 12 hours on @ 100% and 12 hours off with 1/2 hour sunrise and sunset. The plants really took off again and the green algae is gone. No sign of black beard algae returning. Happy me and the fish.
???? Go figure!

About 6 months on from setting up my current tank I had a black beard algae problem. I managed to get rid of it using a product available from Melbourne called no more black beard.
Johnny Depp should have had that in Pirates of the Caribbean :)

Green algae grows from leftover food and sunlight. If your fish aren't eating all the fish food, then it will turn into a breeding ground for algae. Algae needs water, sunlight, and nutrients(left-over fish food)

Green algae grows from leftover food and sunlight. If your fish aren't eating all the fish food, then it will turn into a breeding ground for algae. Algae needs water, sunlight, and nutrients(left-over fish food)
Brilliant observation but wrong.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back