FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Sian in pleco land

Reaction score
Hay guys. So my boy has been tiresly looking after to what I think much be around 25 baby plecs. Argh, heā€™s been in the fry net and cave since 3 days ago, babies have been hatched a bit longer and are growing big and strong. Any idea when I should kick dad out? Heā€™s in a net cage there is access at the top but I donā€™t think he knows.
Any way please advise me, also what am I going to do with this many babies lol. I had no intentions of expanding and if all 25 survive Iā€™m screwed and in lock down. Fun times haha

Attachments

• 8EA5DF8E-8B47-4DA3-B59A-C4985F9F6C79.jpeg
    8EA5DF8E-8B47-4DA3-B59A-C4985F9F6C79.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 81
I actually breed albino bristlenose plecos too! I still don't really know what I'm doing tho lol. If the babies don't have their yolk sacks anymore, they should be fine away from their dad. As for getting rid of them, most privately owned fish stores will buy them once they reach 1.5 inches. I find that they grow maybe 1/4 inch every month, so by the time they're big enough lockdown will probably be over. Also, before you sell them ask the fish store if they'll pay you in cash or in store credit. The first time I sold my plecos, I got 2 dollars per fish in STOCK CREDIT (like I have to use the money to buy fish). now I get 4 dollars a fish in cash at a different store. Is this your first time getting fry from them?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back