Albino Corys Not Schooling ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

It may help explain cory behaviour with this short video of my cory tank. There are 41 cories in this tank, representative of 12 species. Some have several (6 or 7) of the species, some fewer down even to one or two for some species. They are in a post-feeding period of activity in this video, having had their Bug Bites about an hour before, and they are now searching the sand for the left-overs. Several are up on plant leaves, browsing for food particles. But all of this is normal cory behaviour, during a more active part of their day. They go their own ways, but they are together in a good-sized group.

Attachments

• May 30 2020.mp4
    13.4 MB
Plus cories rely mostly on their sense of smell too. They can live without sight, but if they loose their barbels they lose a lot of their important senses and dont do so well.

My 1 eyed cory does great, you cant even tell.

My 1 eyed platy, occasionally she may bump into something on her blind side, but she was likely born with it so doesnt know anything different.

Also got a 1 eyed cat, like phoenix mention his. He was born with it and also doesnt seem to realize hes impaired in any way and is just like a normal cat.

Animals are very adaptive to these things, its pretty amazing.

It may help explain cory behaviour with this short video of my cory tank. There are 41 cories in this tank, representative of 12 species. Some have several (6 or 7) of the species, some fewer down even to one or two for some species. They are in a post-feeding period of activity in this video, having had their Bug Bites about an hour before, and they are now searching the sand for the left-overs. Several are up on plant leaves, browsing for food particles. But all of this is normal cory behaviour, during a more active part of their day. They go their own ways, but they are together in a good-sized group.
Nice video!!! I love Cory behaviour... They remind me of busy bees... Constantly moving and working... :)

I had an elderly Dachshund that went completely blind, and he must have built a virtual map in his head of the layout of my house because he rarely bumped into anything...Until I moved my furniture around :oops:...Oooops...lol... But it didn't take him very long to build a new map and stop bumping into things again. He went deaf too, but he was a little determined fighter and wouldn't let anything stop him! I miss him dearly...Animals are very adaptable!!

I had an elderly Dachshund that went completely blind, and he must have built a virtual map in his head of the layout of my house because he rarely bumped into anything...Until I moved my furniture around :oops:...Oooops...lol... But it didn't take him very long to build a new map and stop bumping into things again. He went deaf too, but he was a little determined fighter and wouldn't let anything stop him! I miss him dearly...Animals are very adaptable!!
Aww...!!

My cat is blind in one eye, he can't taste, and he can't smell. It is also overweight. (Over 18 pounds)

He got a couch dropped on his head when he was a kitten... :/

Last year my son's 17 year old cat had such a bad eye infection from a thorn that was embedded in it that they eye had to be removed. Shortly afterwards, our son separated from his partner and came to live with us while he found a house to buy. The cat came too. He very quickly learned his way round and within days was jumping on the furniture and later (when he was allowed out) climbing the garden gate and exploring the neighbours' gardens. Not bad for an elderly one eyed cat in a totally new environment.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back