Albino betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Napua

Reaction score
Hi! I just picked up an albino halfmoon doubletail male. He has red eyes (pretty sure he's blind), and no pigment or iridescence on his body or fins. Are albino bettas rare?
20200302_103550.jpg
20200302_110255.jpg

I'm not sure how rare they are but its definitely cool

I have seen white females but they had dark eyes. I have not seen an albino male before.

What makes you think he is blind?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

Where did you find such a magnificent creature? Definitely rare, I’ve never heard of one!^_^

Found him at PetSmart and was worried he'd get picked up by a kid who wouldn't know how to care for a blind betta. And if he is albino, I'd imagine his skin prolly also has some light sensitivity.

He seems blind cause he doesn't respond to anything visual outside the tank (mirrors, my finger, bettas in my other tanks, etc). He also kinda bumps around with his nose as he swims. He does eat floating pellets, but it does take a while for him to hunt it down. Actually pretty cute when he eats!

I'm trying to find a good home for him locally. Terrified that he wouldn't survive shipping (even though my friend who sometimes ships fish says he'd prolly be ok). Just want him to live his best life!

Found him at PetSmart and was worried he'd get picked up by a kid who wouldn't know how to care for a blind betta. And if he is albino, I'd imagine his skin prolly also has some light sensitivity.

He seems blind cause he doesn't respond to anything visual outside the tank (mirrors, my finger, bettas in my other tanks, etc). He also kinda bumps around with his nose as he swims. He does eat floating pellets, but it does take a while for him to hunt it down. Actually pretty cute when he eats!

I'm trying to find a good home for him locally. Terrified that he wouldn't survive shipping (even though my friend who sometimes ships fish says he'd prolly be ok). Just want him to live his best life!
He may be deaf too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back