Alasse's Saltwater Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Today i finally filled one of the tanks i intend to do SW in

Filled the tank added salt and let it mix. i have added a powerhead and added live rock. I notice some little crabs sneaking about.
Will be adding a few mollies to help with cycle.

So as it is now
16836661_10212521104688113_910022126900457494_o.jpg

Wheres Nemo?

I know just messing.

I would love to do a small salt tank. Would a 40 liter cube be too small?

A lot of people do nano marine.....i have another smaller tank i am going to do as well. i want to get this one running fiirst

To quote my wife " STOP GIVING HIM IDEAS "

welcome back alasse...
I will be following this thread....maybe there is a salt water tank in my future. Do you plan on using some kind of salt meter?

how big is that tank? are you running a filter?

Any updates Alasse?

(specifically pics :p )

No new pics, the tank have a few different corals in it now, also the 3 damsels and a shrimp (so cool looking)

I have been busy setting up the smaller marine lol. I have decided to more the corals into the smaller tank as it really has better lights for showing them off. The damsels are going to eventually be traded back for some clowns, the shrimp will be staying.

Now this tank is heading for liverock and fish only. I am looking at adding a lionfish, yes i am aware it will outgrow this tank and will need a larger home (shame that lol i will need to do ANOTHER larger marine lol)

So new pics will come, whether that is before or after the coral change out is unknown lol

welcome back alasse...
I will be following this thread....maybe there is a salt water tank in my future. Do you plan on using some kind of salt meter?

how big is that tank? are you running a filter?
Salt meter? I use a hydrometer, will eventually buy a refractometer

I believe the tank to be 130litre
The tank has a sump area at the back :)

I really wish to do a SW tank one of these days, so scared though that I wont have a wallet afterword's as I hear they are money suckers.

So guess who just bought a larger brand new tank, this one is sumped, so all the running gear will be hidden underneath.

So my 2 current marines will be going into the new one once its arrived. The damsels will be traded back to get some clowns and other suited fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back