Air Stone

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JakeKPO

Reaction score
Hello All my Lovely Fish Keepers! I have a Little Problem :( My Problem is that i recently put some fish that require more air than the betta in the water so i added an air stone with a pump and it works great the fish are happy besides my betta she tends to stay away from the stone and is now not at the top of the water as much so i was wondering if i could take the air stone off and just have the airline tubing in and let in bubble will that be enough oxygen? Let Me Know

Yes, as @Crispii said, you can use an air control valve. You usually get these for free, when you buy an air pump/air line.

This is what I use for my betta's tank. The unused tap can be opened to bleed air into the room and reduce the air flow going into the tank. Some sellers call them splitters, some call them manifolds.

Splitter.JPG

This is what I use for my betta's tank. The unused tap can be opened to bleed air into the room and reduce the air flow going into the tank. Some sellers call them splitters, some call them manifolds.

View attachment 105883
@essjay
Thanks a LOT for the picture; I now know how to set one of those up!
Yay!

The danger with clamping the air line is that the pump needs to be able to work at its set capacity. Reducing the flow by clamping or knotting the tube can damage a pump.

Those splitters/manifolds don't cost very much. They come in plastic as well, I just preferred the metal version :)

The way mine is set up is that the tap to the tank is fully open and I just open or close the empty tap to control the flow.

The danger with clamping the air line is that the pump needs to be able to work at its set capacity. Reducing the flow by clamping or knotting the tube can damage a pump.

Those splitters/manifolds don't cost very much. They come in plastic as well, I just preferred the metal version :)

The way mine is set up is that the tap to the tank is fully open and I just open or close the empty tap to control the flow.
I never thought that it could damage the pump. Thanks for pointing that out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back