Air stone tube slight corrosion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Where do you live that you dont get total darkness? A bit of moonlight shouldn’t be a problem. With drawn shades I would think your tank should be alright.

I am in Ireland. We get about 6 hours darkness this time of year. I'm sure that's plenty actually.

All fish and animals need 8 hours of darkness to sleep. If you turn the room lights off and close the curtains, they should be fine sleeping when you sleep.

Stress from tank lights coming on when the room is dark can be an issue. Fish don't have eyelids and don't tolerate going from complete dark to bright light (or vice versa) instantly.

In the morning open the curtains or turn the room light on at least 30 minutes (or more) before turning the tank light on. This will reduce the stress on the fish and they won't go from a dark tank to a bright tank instantly.

At night turn the room light on and then turn the tank light off. Wait at least 30 minutes (or more) before turning the room light out. This allows the fish to settle down for the night instead of going from a brightly lit tank to complete darkness instantly.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back