Air Pumps Of Today

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Dubbull

Reaction score
looking for a new pump for a new tank im planning. my original pump is still going strong so i will keep that in my original tank.
theres loads of pumps out there now .... wow. where do i start looking?
tank is 130ltrs and is tropical.
can anyone suggest a good, powerful and very very quiet air pump? budget of £40 (i can move both ways but always good to have a budget ;-) )

The Eheim ones are not expensive at all and work very well. They come with some nice features like multiple air outlets (except for the smallest one) and a dial for setting pump output. These air pumps can be used sitting on a tabletop but also include a sort of hook for hanging them on the side of the tank.

Cheers, Neale

I use tetra whisper. They are designed to be quiet. The larger ones have 2 outlets.

the answer depends on what you are trying to power

after looking around i went for the interpet AV3 with 2 outputs. super super quiet and powerful.
it says on the box it is designed to suit most decors........ its bright blue hahaha luckily its in the cupboard!
i have had a tetra whisper pump before they are also very good, quiet, powerful and a mad shape. they are on the higher side of price compared with others.
unfortunately no one stocked any Eheim products in the lfs around me so i was not able to look at them.

i paid £30 for the AV3 and i think the price for the AV4 was £37 but it was huge and too powerful

Well count yourself lucky that you couldn't find any Eheim air pumps!

I have had 3 of the smallest pumps they do (Eheim 3701) and Believe me they are not quiet.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back