Air Pump Recommendations For Use In Deep Tank...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Abyss

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've tried the Rena 600 and the Eheim 400, but neither are strong enough for my 36" deep tank.

Once the air stone gets down to around 2ft deep, it slows to the odd bubble. Lift it up, and it of course works great, as it should.

Have tried shortening the tubing to the bare minimum and placing the pumps as close to the tank as possible. But neither seem strong enough for the depth.

As far as I'm aware, these are the best 'standard' air pumps you can get (or at least they were a while back).

I will be moving to a 30" tall shortly, so that will help a little, but considering they only seem effective at 24", I'm not expecting much.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an uber strong air pump that is reasonably quiet given the power (will be in living room, so noise a factor)? Was thinking of perhaps a pond pump, but worried about noise.

Thanks!

I have a Tetra Whisper Deepwater Model AP 300 and it is rated for 3 devices at 96", 10 at 36". I bought it for multiple sponge filters, not for its depth potential and it is actually too powerful for my uses, I bleed off excess pressure. Maybe someone has actual experience with it at depth. Might be worth a look.

David

Thanks for that, I think that particular model might not be available in the UK from the quick look around I've had. It might be called something else though, so will have another look for sure.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back