Air pump for 30/50 L tanks and sponge filter for up to 60 gal tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Salty&Onion

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently bought a sponge filter (for 60 gallon tanks) for my 125 ltr and an air pump for 30/50 ltr tanks. The small air pump was bough by an accident, where I wanted to but an air pump with a higher frequency.
I wonder if this is going to work together for my 125 ltr tank or do I have to get an air pump with a higher frequency?

Try it and see how it works. I grab the first one I see on my shelf. Most work just fine.

I haven't used an Aqua One pump (I have an Eheim) but you can try it to see.

I found this on the web. How many ltrs per hour on a 33 gallon?

AD98406B-1ABD-4AD3-8831-62ED0E44E85A.jpeg

Pumps are sold by the volume of the air output as you stated, a good indication is the power consumption in watts so it would be good to no the wattage. Is Iv just looked at mine running a small sponge is 2ltr/min @ 2.5W, the other is 4ltr/min@ 4W with 2 outlets, so I'd say it's a bit small.

Overlap there lol. I wouldn't go by that as you can regulate the output if too much ( which I very much doubt )

Pumps are sold by the volume of the air output as you stated, a good indication is the power consumption in watts so it would be good to no the wattage. Is Iv just looked at mine running a small sponge is 2ltr/min @ 2.5W, the other is 4ltr/min@ 4W with 2 outlets, so I'd say it's a bit small.
The sponge filter is for 60 gallon tanks and it doesn't come with an air pump so I bought an air pump for 30/50 ltr tanks and I've got a spare pump that is doing with 100 ltr per hour.
Never mind, I'll just wait longer until it comes and goes and I'll get a bigger air pump for the filter, though I hoped that this will somehow work out.

Give it a shot, If you have a nice flow of bubbles on the sponge filter, it's good to go.

I have a Whisper 60 that is rated for a 60 gallon on paper.

That single pump runs to a gang valve split to 3 hoses. 2 hoses go to sponge filters on my 90 gallon that supplements the main filtration.

The 3rd line runs to a small sponge filter on a 10 gallon that is the only filter.

It was origionally intended for a 55 gallon, but I upgraded to a 90 and the pump still works as intended so I have no reason to get a bigger air pump. The 90 is a tall tank too.

Give it a shot, If you have a nice flow of bubbles on the sponge filter, it's good to go.

I have a Whisper 60 that is rated for a 60 gallon on paper.

That single pump runs to a gang valve split to 3 hoses. 2 hoses go to sponge filters on my 90 gallon that supplements the main filtration.

The 3rd line runs to a small sponge filter on a 10 gallon that is the only filter.

It was origionally intended for a 55 gallon, but I upgraded to a 90 and the pump still works as intended so I have no reason to get a bigger air pump. The 90 is a tall tank too.
You use a pump for 60 gals for your 90 gal?
I bought a model of the pump for 30/50 ltr tanks, I think, yeah I should be good to go. In couple weeks of time I can upgrade the air pump and I'll use this air pump as an additional aeration since I still should be cycling the tank. Thanks for help! :) :)

You use a pump for 60 gals for your 90 gal?
I bought a model of the pump for 30/50 ltr tanks, I think, yeah I should be good to go. In couple weeks of time I can upgrade the air pump and I'll use this air pump as an additional aeration since I still should be cycling the tank. Thanks for help! :) :)

Yes. And and a 10 gallon for the one pump.

That one 60 gallon pump goes to 3 sponge filters that are all working correctly.

Yes. And and a 10 gallon for the one pump.

That one 60 gallon pump goes to 3 sponge filters that are all working correctly.
So I think when you're doing great then, I should be fine :) I'll still be ugrading the size of the pump so I could feel secure lol Thanks for the help! :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back