Air Pump During Cycling

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Xraymark

Fish Addict
Reaction score
How important is an air pump during a fishless cycle? I am on day four. Ammonia a constant 4.0 ppm. Ph 7.4.

I have rio 180 with internal filter agitating the surface.

Thanks

An air pump is never a bad idea during a cycle. You should be keeping the water temperature around 29 degrees to help the bacteria along, and the extra heat can cause the oxygen to evaporate from the water more quickly.

Having an air pump will only help the situation, but I personally wouldnt spend too much on it.

How important is an air pump during a fishless cycle? I am on day four. Ammonia a constant 4.0 ppm. Ph 7.4.

I have rio 180 with internal filter agitating the surface.

Thanks

Internal fliter agitating the surface? No need at all for an air pump.

I might do with out then.

If I change my mind does anybody recommend any brands? Have noticed the tetras on most sites and LFS.

Cheers

I have an Interpet one, and it's not as quiet as the box claimed it would be.

I got a Hagen starter pack from P@H, came with the pump, long air-stone and round air-stone, tubing and two little valves for £29. Works well and looks the part.

Agree with AquaTom. So long as you have some other form of surface agitation, theres no need for an air pump at all. :good:

I have an Interpet one, and it's not as quiet as the box claimed it would be.

Same here!

In fact, after my fishless cycle is over i want it out the tank, as I find it's sound really annoying. There must be something truly less noisy out there. :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back