Air Curtain Bubble Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

buy an adjustable filter? c'mon guys where's your sense of adventure. the solution is quick and cheap!

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 29
Shelagh, Carlovel1 - thank you for the advice! I am going to have a crack at burying the air curtain tomorrow to give the fish a bit of a break.

Geoff - GENIOUS! If the burying plan doesn't go well, I shall do just that!

Thank you all :)

Hey all :D
Hope you are all cool.

A few weeks ago we installed an air stone in our tank, but the bubbles were causing huge amounts of water to accumulate on the lid of the tank. We tried putting the purspex cover in but that just accumulated on top!

After a read up on here we have now put in an air curtain instead. It is attached via suckers to the back of the tank. My worry is that the bubbles are still quite strong and spraying up to the lid, and also the holes through which the power leads and air leads pass at the back of the tank.

We cant drop the water level because it is already as low as we can get it without it being seen. We have also tried using a regulator in the pipe line, but this causes quite a hiss whilst it lets out the excess.

Am I missing something stupid? Thanks in advance for your help for someone new to fish :)

Matt

Curtain:

photo2.JPG

Out the top spray:

photo.JPG

I love the underwater tv :good: :lol:

A strong peg on the airline also works.

:lol: Well someone did say the key to all this tropical fish keeping is to keep the fish entertained and happy.... Trouble is that I have to turn it off quick if they start cooking fish on saturday kitchen, and the remote is so small I can never find the blooming thing!

And those Neons - you should see the filth they order on pay per view!

Most reactions

Back