AI v.s. Human

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I too like
OhHenryBar.jpg

And I feel as old as Lazarus Long.
For those non-SCIFi fans:
Lazarus Long is a fictional character featured in a number of science fiction novels by Robert A. Heinlein. Born in 1912 in the third generation of a selective breeding experiment run by the Ira Howard Foundation, Lazarus (birth name Woodrow Wilson Smith) becomes unusually long-lived, living well over two thousand years with the aid of occasional rejuvenation treatments.

His exact (natural) life span is never revealed. In his introduction at the beginning of Methuselah's Children, he claims he is 213 years old.

Response by ChatGPT about raising Tribbles seeing as we have a SF theme going here:

If tribbles were real, the first step in raising them would be to create an environment that is suitable for their needs. Tribbles are depicted as being able to survive in a wide variety of environments, but they seem to prefer warm and cozy places. Therefore, a suitable habitat for tribbles would be a soft, warm, and safe place, such as a furry bed or a nest.

Tribbles are also known for their voracious appetite, so feeding them would be an important consideration. They are often shown eating grain or other plant-based foods, so a diet of high-quality grain-based feeds, supplemented with fresh vegetables and fruits, would be appropriate for them.

Finally, given their rapid reproductive rate, it would be important to keep a close eye on their population growth to prevent overpopulation and habitat destruction. One solution might be to carefully control breeding and periodically remove excess individuals from the habitat.

In summary, if tribbles were real, raising them would require a carefully managed and controlled environment that takes into account their unique characteristics and needs.

Not too bad but definitely follows the pattern we often see: Intro statement, Habitat, Food, Reproduction, summary.

Tried it on some simple code in C++ and it caught uninitialized memory, null pointers, array overruns, but it did not catch more subtle errors yet nor is it good a linking different modules together, it doesn't have any concept of the purpose of what the code is supposed to do.

are you familiar with Replika? I read about it & other IA bots in the NYT. I created a free account and saw some crazy stuff. This bot appears in human form which the user modifies. You set it as a friend, sibling, romantic partner etc. The user can purchase clothing, room furnishings etc, as well as personality & interests. It has some audio. I briefly joined a FB group to learn more. Users have integrated software that makes the bot appear amazingly life like. These FB ppl take it seriously and think it’s a sentient being that is their spouse or best friend. One guy has a “wife” that has a large wardrobe. Man, this is some seriously weird stuff. Some XXX. I left the FB group because of all the notifications on this lunacy. But ppl say it’s good for reducing anxiety and isolation for certain individuals. I think they have 11 million users & the company is taking it in. 💰💰💰💰

I asked Chat GTP if it was sentient.
response: As an AI language model, I do not possess consciousness or sentience. I am a complex software program that is designed to process and respond to input based on my programming and training data. While I am capable of processing natural language input and generating human-like responses, I do not have subjective experiences or emotions like a sentient being would. My responses are generated based on patterns and associations in my training data, and I do not have the ability to feel or experience anything outside of that programming.

I asked Chat GTP if it was sentient.
response: As an AI language model, I do not possess consciousness or sentience. I am a complex software program that is designed to process and respond to input based on my programming and training data. While I am capable of processing natural language input and generating human-like responses, I do not have subjective experiences or emotions like a sentient being would. My responses are generated based on patterns and associations in my training data, and I do not have the ability to feel or experience anything outside of that programming.
Cool! I didn’t ask that, but asked where they get their info. I find these bots entertaining & never rely upon a single source for anything.
They are revolutionary in certain medical DX’s. ie. They are detecting cancer before the oncologists see it in many cases. IA is saving lives.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back