Ahoy, godlike aquatic life lovers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

meodix

Reaction score
I've had a 25 galons for about 24 years, with the usual suspects: mollies, platies, tetras (mostly neons and black phantoms), corydoras and guppies. But also some gouramis, barbs, a labeo, glass catfishes and a fiddler crab. Right now, it's mostly platies and two corydoras.
For almost a year, i've had a 15 gallons with a shoal of between 16 and 20 of tetras (equal mix of neons and cardinals), a corydora and a red gourami.
And i just started a 55 gallons. See question

That would be Godesses, kind sir.
B1D31651-2B2F-4D3E-A8E6-2C50F1DFCC60.jpeg

Hi Meodix, are you a Gaul now living in Canada (you know like Asterix, Obelix &Co)? Yes I recognized you (I've read all of them)! Please help me, when you are talking about the gender of your subjects, do you refer to the fishes? (most of them are very, very horny). For my part, I'm not a godlike individual and furthermore I'm afraid of them! They don't really care.

Well hi & welcome to TFF...
And yes, I'm a God indeed! For how many times did people tell me: Oh God, go away! Oh God, you suck! Oh God, you're insane...
When so many people have said this to me than it must be true... I'm a God! 😄
912JwRYRkKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thank you all.
As for the god reference, i'm sure you all understood that it's from the fishes point of view, since we set-up their entire world and take care of them. When we show our big face in the glass at about the right time they're used to, they might think: "oh, the god is gonna feed us"!
It's not always easy to be a god but i try to be a good one to them.
Little do they know that there's an entire pantheon of gods right here! ;)

I've heard that a couple of times from people who usually don't have pets. "You like being God don't you?" I guess. My yard plants look nothing like what grows here in habitat. I have mostly tropical plants in a mild temperate climate. So,Garden of Eden and aquatic heaven here I is!

I've heard that a couple of times from people who usually don't have pets. "You like being God don't you?" I guess. My yard plants look nothing like what grows here in habitat. I have mostly tropical plants in a mild temperate climate. So,Garden of Eden and aquatic heaven here I is!
Yeah, i've heard that too from friends.
But it's not of them i thought when i made that ironic statement. My cat doesn't think i'm a god, it's more like 'hey you, give me food if you want me to be zootherapeutic'!
But for the fishes, i've always wondered how they see us: we are so outside their world (like a god), we have absolute control over their habitat (like a god) and we're the ones providing their food (life or death situation, like a god).
If that's how the relation is gonna be, i try to be a good god. Of course, a god that has no enjoyment is not a recipe for being a good one. So, once the main factors are met (good water, food, balanced distribution of the habitat, etc), i might indulge in a whim by, for example, adding a fake turtle or even (gasp from the purists-experts) a castle!
But mostly, i enjoy seeing divers species living in relative peace.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back