Ah the ever popular..

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lilhurleybunny

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Swimmin around in the Chesapeake Bay ;) in Marylan
Hello Everyone!
It seems that my water tests have been doing great so I figured I might like a new little dude in my tank :D . But as always I would like your guy's honest, intellegent opinoins on what I should get next :wub: ! The following are the fish I have so far in my 10 gallon tank:

2 male guppies
2 male Julii cories
1 male dwarf gourami
1 male otto

I want something that is pretty compatable with all of those guys. I know some of you may say I should get another cory but I want something new and exciteing! If all else false I'll give the cories a new buddy ;) .

If you need anymore information dont hesitate to ask!
Thanks guys!

How about small tetras? Group of either neon or cardinal tetra would fit nicely...

I wouldn't go with neons or cardinals. Neons are ultra sensitive, and cardinals get pretty big for tetras. I would recommend more cories and otos, as they like to be in big groups. There are't many special fish that you can add to a 10g.

P.T.

Phantom Thief said:
I wouldn't go with neons or cardinals. Neons are ultra sensitive, and cardinals get pretty big for tetras. I would recommend more cories and otos, as they like to be in big groups. There are't many special fish that you can add to a 10g.

P.T.
She did say he didn't want any more cories... ;)

neons or cardinals are sensitive but if you can get over the initial stage, they seem hardy. IF that was my tank, I'd try it... It is up to lilhurleybunny at the end... ;) I purchased 7, 5 of them are still alive and they are doing very well for me...

What kind of filtration system do you have, lilhurleybunny?

I said she, I said she! (Ok, I admit I edited the message... :lol: )

I suggest another buddy for the Oto. Mine one Oto (started with two, one died) seemed much happier when I got him a new buddy (after the one died).

Depending on how often you do water-changes, what your filtration is like, and stuff like that, a little school of Tetras may end up being to much for the tank to handle (again, that depends upon the things I just listed, as well as other stuff). As a reminder, Tetras are schooling fish and like to be in groups of at least five. They can also be rather sensitive to chems in the water, as someone else mentioned.

In my 10-gallon planted tank, I currently have five Neon Tetras (didn't expect 'em to live when I got 'em, 'cause I just moved my tank, but not a one has died), two Pepper Corys, one Panda Cory (second one died a few days ago from popeye), and two Otos. If you go by the 1" fish/gallon of water rule, I'm probably overstocked. Everything seems okay though - fish look happy and healthy, plants are growing, etc. I probably ought to run some water tests, but haven't done so yet.

Stuff to think about...

Let us know what you decide! :nod:

Pamela
aka Married Lizard

Welll the extra corie and otto sounds good, yes I did have 2 ottos but the other died :byebye:.

The kind of filtration I have is a Bio Wheel 125. Which i just put in a couple of weeks ago, everything is going good with it! :thumbs:

About the female thing, I nono I dont really want any babies running around just yet :whistle:.

I was thinking maybe some balloon mollies? 1 or 2? Everytime I go to the pet store they look cute but i nono! :dunno:

Thanks for the replies guys! :wub:

A couple more otos. You would really be pushing the stocking limits of a 10 gallon if you added much else. Time to start looking for a bigger tank! :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back