Ah Ha! I Improved On The Blue Bath Mat....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PrairieSunflower

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Yeah, I know... weird title... but true!  LOL

At some point, I said my light was too bright and I needed a way to dim it.  People came up with some great ideas on things to buy and in the end... I couldn't find the right sized shade in the right color and so on.... then walking in Sainsbury's one day... I saw a clear blue bath mat and a light bulb went on in my head (at the perfect brightness of course).

I took that bath mat home and cut it into strips and voila! placed on top of my condensation tray it shaded the light perfectly.

Fastforward to lately....  I've noticed once again I have way too much algae... and realized... my bath mat has faded and isn't shading as well anymore.  I was reading some other threads and someone had suggested just ordinary white paper.  That sounded great... but turns out my tank keeps making those sheets of paper damp on the edges and such... so that wasn't working out...

AND... I remembered something... some time ago I had bought these dirt cheap white plastic table cloths from the mom and pops hardware shop... I've cut them into the right shape... placed it on my condensation tray and.... perfect!  Same shading as the white paper but I can wipe it clean and re-use it.  So... happy me and soon to be happier tank with less algae!

Just thought I'd share!

OOO
O

P

P&pP
Oh my goodness!!!

Sorry, I was reading this thread when my toddler grabbed hold of my iPhone trying to get Siri to do something - whilst I rescue the phone, my 8 month old posted a reply!!

Must say I'm impressed how she did the p&p??

Congrats on the solution prairie, and in the meantime I think I better register my baby as she seems to now like adding the odd reply herself!

:blush: I bet you'd thought I'd been on the vino!! X

Most reactions

Back