Aggressive Corycat

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FashionFish

Reaction score
Hi there! I am new here. Visited many times in search of answers. Joining because I need some help with my crazy corycats. I know they are super friendly and peaceful. We have kept Sterbai & Bronze cories for 4 years. We have 2 bronze corys that we moved into a bigger tank. We are getting 4 more for them to have a school. One is much larger than the other. The larger one is aggressive. I have seen only been able to find 2 posts online that attest to witnessing cory aggression in their tanks. I thought they were spawning because first they were chasing and playing. But now the bigger cory is hitting the smaller one on it's side and I can see the smaller one is getting roughed up. Will adding more for them to school discourage this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
(Forgive me if this is in the wrong spot.)

Water parameters are good.
Heat is 78°

The bigger one is likely female. It does,sound like mating behaviour rather than aggression. Can you post a video so we can be sure? I think you need to upload it to YouTube then link it here.

The bigger one is likely female. It does,sound like mating behaviour rather than aggression. Can you post a video so we can be sure? I think you need to upload it to YouTube then link it here.
Oh no YouTube? I will have to figure that out haha. Let me try to a video though. Thank you for your reply!

YouTube isn't too bad. You can create a free account with them and then upload videos to them. After it is confirmed, you copy the link for the video and put it here.

If you use a mobile phone to film the fish, hold the phone horizontally so the footage fills the entire screen :)

As @DoubleDutch said, it's the famous Cory "T" position they use for breeding. Usually, the larger, wider bodied fish is female, but they could be of radically different ages. You're describing something a lot of Cory keepers who want to breed their fish really like to see. No one gets hurt.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back