Age old stocking question...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

The last time I bought RO from Maidenhead they were charging Ā£3.50 for 25 litres. Make sure you tell them you want straight RO and not re-mineralised. Buy your 25l jerry cans on Amazon - its much cheaper than Maidenhead.

The last time I bought RO from Maidenhead they were charging Ā£3.50 for 25 litres. Make sure you tell them you want straight RO and not re-mineralised. Buy your 25l jerry cans on Amazon - its much cheaper than Maidenhead.
Just brought 2

So I cant get the Jerry cans till Wednesday at earliest so can I go ahead with a 75% tap.water change tomorrow and then get RO and start the process as of next week? It's what I been doing last two months with Cory's anyways? I'm guessing sooner rather than later is the consensus here. But at same time I dont want to leave water change for 2 weeks either

Another water change with all RO won't be a problem. It's long term that you need to use RO. Just start using it as soon as you can.

Tell me about it... fish keeping is a different world now, think it might of been easier getting a dog LOL
Lol, sometimes it may seem that way. But in the end, its well worth it! :good:

After reading Essjays essay upthread and checking RO water prices on line Iā€™ve finally decided Iā€™m going with three types of rainbowfish. Our tap water just north of London at 360ppm is middlish in their comfort zones.
Next time I get my mate round to do some plumbing I may get a RO filter fitted......which would be money wasted without getting another tank. Right?

Next time I get my mate round to do some plumbing I may get a RO filter fitted......which would be money wasted without getting another tank. Right?
Not neccessarily. I drink mine all the time. Bought myself a sodastream so I can have pure still or sparkling water. Coffee and tea (I'm told) also taste loads better. And best of all the coffee machine and kettle never need de-scaling :)

So just a quick one for anyone still keeping an eye on this post, the recommendation was 1 part RO to 3 part tap. So when I rock up at Madienhead Aquatics to get my 25litres, I have a 2nd empty container to mix 6part RO to 18part tap, making 24 litres which is enough for 50% change and some top off water. I will still have 19 litres of RO in backup for next two changes and some should I need it for emergencies. Should like a plan?

Not neccessarily. I drink mine all the time. Bought myself a sodastream so I can have pure still or sparkling water. Coffee and tea (I'm told) also taste loads better. And best of all the coffee machine and kettle never need de-scaling :)
Sorry for digging this thread up but what type of water softener have you had fitted? Iā€™ve heard some arenā€™t good for fishes ie salt based. Iā€™m looking for recommendations to bring down my dh20 liquid rock and improve the taste of lockdown tea. Thanks

Sorry for digging this thread up but what type of water softener have you had fitted? Iā€™ve heard some arenā€™t good for fishes ie salt based. Iā€™m looking for recommendations to bring down my dh20 liquid rock and improve the taste of lockdown tea. Thanks
It's not a softener - I have a reverse osmosis (RO) filter. This one in fact https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007ZD8TOY/?tag=
I actually bought the cheaper RO500 version but when I called to query where it was they had no stock - so I got a free upgrade to the pumped version :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tell me about it... fish keeping is a different world now, think it might of been easier getting a dog LOL
I find my life being improved by the window an aquarium provides into the little and big dilemmas in life. The minutiae that takes place in an aquarium could not be replicated easily, but it all comes down to what your soul needs. A shrimp is to me what a dog is to my neighbour: a life to be cherished for what it is, a gift to us all. I confess, I am into what happens in a tank, because at the end of the day it is simply magical!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back