After A Lot Of Thinking.........

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Malex530

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone! After lots (and trust me, I mean LOTS). I have decided I am going to get a 30 or 40 gallon aquascape container pond. You may remember my earlier pond post. Sadly itwas destroyed by heavy rainfall. A rock sliped and made a giant hole in the cycling pond.
So my new plan is to get a good old 30 gallon! But first i need your help for stocking. I wanted something very colorfull so I thought goldfish. Would 2 telescope goldfish be ok In this pond? If not, I wanted something colorfull and active.
As for my plant list:
umbrella plant
Water hycanith
Water iris
anachris/hornwort
perrys fire opall waterlilly

I was also thinking about some underwater lights to compliment the fountain. As well as a pond filter for mechanical/biological filtration.
Any help on stocking or extra equipment will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Btw I will have a journal on this in april or may when things get warmer.

i have 3 shubunkin koi (some people refer to them as shubunkin goldfish) and 2 comet gold fish, they are EXTREMELY personable and active, they follow me where ever i go and they come right up to my hand. i am very close to getting them from taking food from my hand. VERY hardy carp and would thrive wonderfully in a pond! 
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:73090]

you cant see the colors very good in this, and this is when they were smaller, but they are VERY colorful and have beautiful fins

Hey Malex530, two telescope will be okay in a 30 gallon pond with frequent water changes. I would suggest getting the 40 gallon pond though. Those plants might get destroyed as the goldies get bigger. I tried Water Hyacinth with my goldies once and they ripped up the roots and made a massive mess.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back