Africans online

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kerncake233

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone have good luck buying African cichlids, specifically mbuna, from a supplier online? I normally buy from livefishdirect.com, but lately he hasn't had a great selection I'd imagine due to high demand. Just wondering if anyone has had good luck anywhere else?

One of the only places that I trust is Aquabid - generally speaking less expensive than many other websites and almost all sellers have excellent feedback. You can also find some really rare, really unique stuff there.

One of the only places that I trust is Aquabid - generally speaking less expensive than many other websites and almost all sellers have excellent feedback. You can also find some really rare, really unique stuff there.
Thanks. I will look into it.

Beantown Aquatics, in Massachusetts, is an extremely good vendor of all African cichlids. In fact the owner only sells African cichlids and is extremely knowledgeable on the subject. Beantown is a small, hobbyist owned business that I believe operates out of a home (I could be remembering wrong, don’t quote me on that) and only sells high quality, healthy and sexed specimens. You do pay more but shipping and customer service is great.

Last edited:
Beantown Aquatics, in Massachusetts, is an extremely good vendor of all African cichlids. In fact the owner only sells African cichlids and is extremely knowledgeable on the subject. Beantown is a small, hobbyist owned business that I believe operates out of a home (I could be remembering wrong, don’t quote me on that) and only sells high quality, healthy and sexed specimens. You do pay more but shipping and customer service is great.
Great, thanks!

Here is a tour of Beantown Aquatics fish room. Over 100 tanks:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back