African Glass Catfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

New Boy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
The support section on my juwel 300 broke and so I've lowered the water level to half way (and have external canister filter on) as it was bowing. All of the fish seem to be ok with this except the african glass catfish who are just sitting on the gravel and not moving (except when I come down in the morning when they're darting around like their usual happy selves). Any ideas why this could be? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, PH, KH and GH all at usuall levels. The only thing that I can think of is that they are more wary of predators as they are closer to the water surface - hence the swimming around only when lights are off.

Thanks
Andy

Hey,

How long has he just been sitting there? I sometimes have my adult female mollie sitting down on the gravel for up to 5 minutes then she will move around, I think she likes it there because theres no current.

Missy

Hey Andy,

Well, I used to own a couple of african glass catfish, awesome fish. I think the reason they are just hanging on towards the bottom is because of the the low watter level. I remember the GC swimming patterns pretty well. They like to swim in the middle and the top of the tank. They also enjoy current at the top of the tank. I belive once you set the watter level back to normal they should be fine. Good Luck.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back