FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Jennap28

Reaction score
Hello! About two months ago I got two African dwarf frogs. Itā€™s my first time ever owning them. Theyā€™ve been perfectly fine for the past two months, but about four days ago they started doing that amplexus thing, which theyā€™ve done a few times before. Except this time, itā€™s been four days and they still havenā€™t stopped. The female has not laid any eggs, and I think that might be because theyā€™re not mature yet, since Iā€™ve only had them for two months. Iā€™m worried because the male will not let go of her, and itā€™s been a really long time. The female is fine. She just swims around and she eats the food I put in. Iā€™m worried about the male because he hasnā€™t eaten in the last four days, since he hasnā€™t let go of the female. I made this account to ask if anyone here has seen this before or if anyone can give me advice. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Are you sure that you've got a female? Is the male laying and holding the "female" like usually all frogs have you-know-what?

When i had ADF i had 6 of them in a 10 gallon with two males and 4 females. ADF are very social creatures and in the wild they live in large groups, only thing i can think of is adding more frogs, if room allows, to the existing pair. Adding more females than males will spread the males attention instead of focused on one female. Good luck!

Hi! Iā€™m actually not sure if the one is a female, so Iā€™m putting a picture of them to see if anyone can tell. I have these two and a mystery snail in a five gallon tank, so Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s enough room for more. I fed them last night and the one in front ate, but itā€™s now day five and the one in the back still hasnā€™t let go and to my knowledge has not eaten anything.

Attachments

• C628CAB9-79A0-40AC-B33A-2A193D087B81.jpeg
    C628CAB9-79A0-40AC-B33A-2A193D087B81.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 290
Hi! Iā€™m actually not sure if the one is a female, so Iā€™m putting a picture of them to see if anyone can tell. I have these two and a mystery snail in a five gallon tank, so Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s enough room for more. I fed them last night and the one in front ate, but itā€™s now day five and the one in the back still hasnā€™t let go and to my knowledge has not eaten anything.
Theres no room for more. Does the female seem stressed?

I canā€™t tell the sex of them from that photo...

What are you trying to feed them? Are there any other fish in their tank?

Hi guys! They finally stopped after six days. Not really sure what was going on there. Thanks so much for your help :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back